Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I guess there are more rules... :)

I appreciate SO MUCH all the suggestions... keep 'em coming! The ones that have been suggested so far are great, but it made me realize that I have more rules than I realized... Here are the names that were suggested and the reason's we can't use them:

Andrew can be shortened to Andy, (ends in an EE sound)
Hyrum is too LDS-y, and I don't think it fits in with the rest of the names.
Parker and Nicholas are too fictional for me... (Peter Parker and Jolly Old St. Nicholas)
and Kim, you know which rule you broke! Gabriel starts with a G.

I hope I don't offend anybody, appreciate that you are sending me your favorite names! Also I hope I'm not discouraging comments... I NEED HELP! I loved reading the comments, and laughed at myself for how hard I make this.

21 comments:

Kia and Natalie said...

You are COO COO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

jamie said...

Lets see....
A: Aiden B: Brock
C: Chad D: Daniel
E: Eric F:Fielding
G: Gabriel H:Harley
I: Issac J:Joseph
K:Kade L:Cant use anyway
M: Michael N:Niles
O: Oakley P:Patrick
Q:Quaid R:Reese
S:Saxton T:Tate
U: Urban V:Victor
W: Walker X:Xakery
Y: Yates Z:Zander/Zachary

I know I broke some of the rules and I had to be creative, so most the names are terrible!!! hahaha!

Chelle said...

Congratulations on having another boy Quinn and Lisa!!!!! Way to go!!! We love boys too, now we'll both have 4 boys! Wow!!! Good luck with picking names. Names are hard. I've always liked the name Joshua, but then that starts with a J like Johnson. Hmmm.... I LOVE all of the names you have chosen so far for your kids so I'm sure you'll do a great job picking out another one. I really like the name Paul. What about Connor? or Carter?
Good Luck!!!

Lanae said...

Ohhh I like Conner too, that is a cute one. I always end up changing my mind when the baby is born anyway. It took us a week to name Makenzie. It was driving our family crazy! he he he... Did you have your names picked with the others before they came?

The Bee Family said...

Lisa you are freaking funny. I don't know I will have to think about names for ya. Good luck with that

bethygil said...

How many votes for Paul before Quinn gives in? I will vote as many times as needed.

bethygil said...

oooh I have one that doesn't break any of your rules...Eric...what do you think? Haha

Lisa said...

Here's another rule... :) Eric doesn't fit because it is too close to Erica. One of the rules I forgot to post is that it can't be one of those names that can go either way... or close to it. (sorry Eric) Daniel is too close to Danielle, Samantha and Samuel can both be shortened to Sam and that is to neutral... I know. It's way too hard. I keep telling Quinn that it's either Paul or Hank, nothing else fits the rules! I'm hoping for Paul of course!

Stephen said...

I've always tried pushing for Butch with my wife. Since we're never going to have a boy and getting a girl named Butch is harder, I could settle for a nephew being called Butch.

Lindsay said...

I got together with some friends and here's what we came up with:

Pascal
Brad
Chase
Devin
Eric
Tyler
Kurt
Shane
Robert
David
Porter

jamie said...

No to Paul, I would still love the baby no matter what the name is.

Scott and Sarah said...

I think Easton or Ethan is cute (although a rule breaker, I know), and also Caleb or Caiden. I am not good at boys names :).

Lisa said...

Who is "J"?! And Sarah, all your names break rules... Lindsay, you're awesome, most of them fit! (Except for Pascal, Eric, Tyler, Chase, and Kurt) Porter is Q's Mom's maiden name, I like that one a lot. Stephen, Butch actually fits, I'll run it by Quinn! Although with my luck, the kid would probably turn out exactly like his daddy, and "Butch" doesn't really fit that "personality"... don't you think? Thanks everyone for the list, this is kinda' fun and makes it so much easier!

jamie said...

It me Jamie your favorite sister in law!

McGuire's said...

How do you remember all the rules??!!! I was trying to think of all my 10 nephew names, and I don't think any of them would work. Paul and porter are both cute. My bro-in-law's name is collin and I think that is cute, but I can't remember if it breaks a rule.
Good luck!!! You are so funny!

Diane said...

This is such a no-brainer.

The name is PAUL!

Love you,

Mom

Lisa said...

Emily, Collin doesn't work because it starts with a K sound and ends with Tycen's N sound at the end. I don't think we can name him Porter because a lot of Q's cousin's last name is Porter. It's hard huh?! We're still trying to pick a name... I'll let you know! What are you naming your little boy?

Laura said...

I've already forgotten what most of the rules are, but I've always liked Alexander. On second thought, when shortened to Alex, it may be too generic (could be boy or girl). So, that's all I've got. Good Luck!! ;) (You could always shorten it to Zander instead of Alex...)

We must be doing something wrong...our two boys are the most emotional/dramatic boys that I have ever seen...I am praying that our girl is the mellow one!!!

JeremyandCori said...

Sorry to throw a wrench in it lisa, but Paul is very close to Paula which breaks one of your rules! Just go for it! Did you get my note?? :)

Lisa said...

NO!!! Cori, you ruined it! I know it's not possible to name a kid and not break one of these ridiculous rules... I just need to find the right name. :) Yes, I did get your note, and I'm an awful friend for not calling... my only excuse is that this pregnancy has been exhausting. I'll try and call you this week. :)

Amanda Fifita said...

So are you going to name him Paul? Or is this name game still on?