Wednesday, April 29, 2009

House Update

Sorry it's taken so long... life gets busy! Here are some pictures of the remodel:
These are new couches (I don't konw what I was thinking getting such a light color... I've regretted that several times since, but they are fairly easy to clean!) and we got new carpet throughout the whole house. (yeah!) We also moved our piano to where our table was and the table to the piano room. I didn't want the kids to eat on the new carpet. It makes the living room bigger, so I like that, but I don't like having our company walk right into the dining room.




I LOVE the granite counter tops! They're really pretty, but the think that I wasn't expecting, is that since they're so much colder than regular countertops, it takes my bread longer to raise since the dough gets cooled down so much while I'm forming it into loaves. But now that I'm used to that, it doesn't bother me.

I tiled this floor and counter myself! It was fun to learn something new.

It used to be carpet under the barstools, but Quinn added the wood here to match the kitchen and dining room. I LOVE it. It's so much easier to clean! 4 kids under 6 make a lot of messes!

4 comments:

McGuire's said...

Everything things looks so great!!! Beautiful kitchen. Happy Birthday the other day. I tried to email you, but my email was sent back, so I need to get your right email address. Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

JeremyandCori said...

What a difference huh?? It looks really good! How much longer do you guys see yourselves there? Congrats btw...5 wow!

Brittani said...

Mmm...the house looks amazing. Isn't it great to have new, clean things--granted they don't stay clean for long with kids, but at least they CAN be cleaned and look like new again!

Have you seen the pictures of our little James? He is almost a month old already. With 2 kids 2 1/2 years apart, I can't even fathom what you guys were thinking having 4 (5?) in 6 years! crazies!

Parkin Family said...

Wow! Everything looks beautiful! You guys did a great job!