Sunday, May 17, 2009

Help pick a name! (it's harder than it seems...)

People have been asking me how I feel about having another boy... maybe right now after church isn't the right time to answer this... I'm ECSTATIC! I just spent an hour in Sacrament Meeting arguing with Kayla "silently" about a piece of paper. I love my little girl, but I'm so glad I only have one! They're so emotional! The boys are easy! They're more wild, but they're also logical. They understand that if you do something, you have a consequence. Kayla is still working on that. (I know Dad, I know. Kayla is her Mother's Daughter.) Kayla and I had a "girls day" while the boys went to the Father's and Son's Camp out, and it was fun, but stressful. I tried to spoil her, but when it was time for bed, she still wanted to be spoiled! Where does it end?!

Another thing that is easier about having a boy is, it will be easy to pass the boys clothes down to each other instead of pulling out girl clothes five years after Kayla outgrows them.

We still haven't decided on a name, we have so many rules that it makes it hard. Here are our rules:

1.) It can't be a city, state, season, month, place, etc. No Dakota, or Boston, or June, or Rainier
2.) It can't start with a "J" because our last name is Johnson
3.)It can't start with any letter that the other kids' names start with. (T, K, G, and L) (This is just a side note to that last rule... I had a hard time with the name Lance because it starts with an L, and my name does also. Whenever we go to the zoo, or the science center or something, I pack a water bottle for each person with their initial on it. Since Lance took the L, I decided to be the M for Mom, so I'd prefer to not name this baby something that starts with M, just so that I don't get my water mixed up with his. I know, it's lame, but what am I going to write on my water bottle?) If I find a name I love that starts with an M, I guess I could be a blank water bottle or something. This part of the rule's not too permanent
4.) It can't end in the same sound as the other kids' names, so we can't have a Carson, because we already have a Tycen. Even Miles and Lance are too close. We need different endings.
5.) It can't end in an EE sound. Like Kimberly. (sorry sis!) This is another rule that doesn't make sense, it's just because it sounds whiny to me. "MOMMEEEEE!" Can you hear the whining?
6.) I also don't like Chris, or Christian, or Crystal, or Kirsten, Christy, Kristen, all those. Too confusing.

So any help would be great! Thanks! (Good thing we're stopping at 5 huh?)

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Has anyone told you that you're crazy?

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kimberly said...

Oh, right...so names...

oh nevermind. I've beeing trying to write this comment for like 5 minutes and honestly can't think of any. The name I like most that I just thought of is Gabriel (Gabe) but it starts with a G...sorry!

Lanae said...

I'm so excited for you! I love what you said about girls, so true!!! We always wanted a good handfull of kids, but after 3 girls I'm getting close to being done. Good luck with picking a name- I like Parker and Nicholas. Names are always so hard for me. Have fun:)

Scott and Sarah said...

Congrats! You always make me laugh... I will think about it for you :)

Amanda Fifita said...

LOL! This was very entertaining to read. Maybe it was not meant to be funny, but it was so funny. I think I will ponder on these rules for some time. GOOOOD LUCK finding a name, it is a huge decision.

JeremyandCori said...

How about Andrew or Hyrum?? These are the only names I could come up with off the top of my head good luck! I can't wait to hear what you come up with!!